Sheikh Mohammed will witness the virtual presentation of the 19th Arab Journalism Awards
Dubai: His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, witnessed the virtual ceremony held on Wednesday honoring the winners of the 19th Arab Journalism Awards.
Sheikh Mohammed tweeted: “In the past few years I have eagerly attended the Arab Media Forum and honored the winners of the Arab Journalism Award. Today I followed the virtual sessions. The media are an important partner on our way and we look forward to constructive messages that serve our society and make a positive contribution to building the future of the region. “
The Arab Journalism Award recognized 11 winners selected from around 6,000 nominations. They came from daily newspapers, magazines, online news portals and various media organizations in the Arab world. The winners of the Arab Journalism Award 2020 are:
· Media Personality of the Year: Nayla Tueni, CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Annahar Newspaper, Lebanon
· Best Column Award: Othman Mirghani, Editor-in-Chief of the independent newspaper Al-Tayar, Sudan
· Political Journalism Award: Mohamed Amin Al Masri from Al-Ahram Newspaper, Egypt
· Business Journalism Award: Al Khaleej Newspaper, UAE
· Investigative Reporting Award: Jamal Jouhar from Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper
· Prize for the press interview: Mohammed Mansour from Al-Roeya newspaper, United Arab Emirates
· Cultural Journalism Prize: Tareq Al Taher from Akhbar Al-Adab magazine, Egypt
· Sports Journalism Prize: Motaz El Shamy from Al-Ittihad newspaper, United Arab Emirates
· Photojournalism Award: Saber Nooraldin from the European Pressphoto Agency
Young journalist award:
– Samar Saleh of El-Watan Newspaper, Egypt
– Abdul-Samad Edinadin of Bayane Al-Yaoume Newspaper, Morocco
– Ahmed Atef of Al-Dostor newspaper, Egypt
· Smart Journalism Award: Youm7 Newspaper, Egypt
The board of directors of the Arab Journalism Award did not announce a winner for the Humanitarian Journalism Award and the Outstanding Cartoonist Award this year because the submissions did not meet the nomination criteria.
The Arab Journalism Award was presented as part of the 19th edition of the Arab Media Forum, which also took place virtually under the theme “Arab Media: The Future is Digital”. This year, due to the current global challenges related to COVID-19 and the travel restrictions imposed in some countries, the General Secretariat of the Arab Journalism Award has decided to hold the award ceremony virtually.